IRS Tax Installment Agreement
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about IRS Payment Plans and other Tax Relief topics.
What is an IRS tax installment agreement?
DebtHelp.com Tip: Once you have been approved for IRS Installment Agreement plan, you will be mailed a hard copy of the form. This installment agreement will contain:
- Your total tax bill, tax period, and type of tax form it applies to
- Your name, address, and taxpayer identification number
- Total amount of your unpaid tax bill obligations
- Agreed upon monthly payment amount
- Date you agreed upon to make your payments
You will receive two hard copies of the IRS Installment Tax Agreement. Be sure to sign one copy and return it to the IRS at the address listed in the Agreement. Keep one copy for your records.